Sen. Jeremy Moss is fighting to restore the harsh cuts to local governments and school districts that have impacted the lives of working families, retirees and students.
Jeremy served two terms in the Michigan House of Representatives before joining the Michigan Senate. As an advocate for ethics and accountability, he worked across the aisle to pass ten bills in the House that would open up government records to public scrutiny by subjecting the governor’s office and state legislature to principles of the Freedom of Information Act.
Before his election to the state House, Jeremy served as the youngest-ever member of the Southfield City Council, and worked in public policy at the state and local levels.
Jeremy earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism with an additional major in political science from Michigan State University, where he graduated with high honors. He also is a graduate of the Michigan Political Leadership Program at MSU.
A lifelong resident of the 11th Senate District, Jeremy is currently a board member of Congregation Beth Ahm in Oakland County and an advisory board member of the Martin Luther King Task Force in Southfield.
- BA in Journalism and Political Science, Graduated with High Honors from MSU
- Studied Race Relations in South Africa
- Michigan Political Leadership Program Fellowship through MSU
Public Service Leadership:
- State Senator, 2019 - Present
- State Representative, 2015 - 2019
- Southfield City Councilman, 2011 - 2014
- District Director to State Rep. Rudy Hobbs (D – Southfield), 2011 - 2012
- Political Aide to Southfield Mayor Brenda Lawrence, 2008 - 2010
- Legislative Aide to State Rep. Paul Condino (D – Southfield), 2005 - 2006, 2007
- Michigan Democratic Party State Central Committee, Former Delegate
- Southfield Lathrup Village Democratic Club, Former Board Trustee
- Oakland County Democratic Party, Former Executive Board Officer
- Former Southfield Democratic Precinct Delegate
- Alternate Delegate from Michigan to the 2012 Democratic National Convention
Civic and Community Leadership:
- Congregation Beth Ahm, Board Trustee
- Martin Luther King Task Force, Member of Advisory Board of Directors
- Magnolia Homeowners Association, Member
- Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity, Past President (MSU Chapter)
Awards and Honors
- 2018 Police Officers Association of Michigan Legislator of the Year
- 2017 Michigan Press Association Sunshine Award Recipient
- 2016 Oakland Community College Honors Convocation Speaker
- 2011 Oakland County Democratic Party Young Democrat of the Year